In addition to starting each day with Elissa Goodman’s Daily Detox Tonic, another practice I’ve incorporated into my life is drinking her Healing Turmeric Latte. The holistic nutritionist recommends it as part of her cleanse and suggests drinking it each night before bed. The recipe calls for healthy, potent ingredients including ginger, turmeric, cinnamon and coconut milk, and the results are delicious. I can’t get enough of turmeric—more on that tomorrow! All these elements combined make for an incredibly satisfying beverage that improves many of your body’s important functions like the immune system. It’s my new nighttime ritual! XXJKE
- 8 ounces unsweetened almond milk
- 2 inches fresh juiced turmeric root or 1/2 tablespoon turmeric paste
- 1 inch fresh juiced ginger or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 ounces So Delicious Culinary Coconut Milk
- 20-30 drops Astragalus root extract
- 4-6 drops organic vanilla stevia to taste, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine milk, turmeric juice (or paste), ginger juice (or paste), cinnamon, and culinary coconut milk over medium heat until heated through. Do not boil. Add Astragalus root and stevia and blend with immersion blender to make frothy. Alternatively, add mixture to a blender and blend in there.
- Note: If you do not access to fresh turmeric, to make the turmeric paste, mix 2 parts turmeric powder with 1 part boiling water. Combine and store in the fridge up to one week.
When we think of alpine luxury, Arrowhead immediately comes to mind. Drive a couple hours east of Lo
Leanne Citrone is no stranger to Jenni Kayne or Rip & Tan. Andy LeCompte, the salon she co-owns,
We’re partnering with True Botanicals to bring their line of natural skincare to you, in-stores an
We’re continuing our January Wellness Initiative with Kelly LeVeque, the blogger behind Be Well by