- 1 bunch arugula
- 4 nectarine ripe (or peaches or any fruit you like)
- Sweet pomegranate dressing (recipe follows)
- 1 8-ounce ball cheese burrata, pulled into shreds
- Sesame seed candy (recipe follows)
- mint fresh, chopped
- pomegranate seeds (in season, optional)
- Sweet Pomegranate Dressing
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp pomegranate molasses or maple syrup
- 1 tsp shallot chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt to taste
Salad + Garnish
- Toss the arugula and the nectarines in the sweet pomegranate dressing (recipe follows), and then scatter shreds of burrata cheese on top. (Pouring the dressing over the burrata would give the burrata unappetizing color, and we don’t want that.) Garnish with sesame seed candy and fresh chopped mint. If in season, pomegranate seeds are a great addition
Sweet Pomegranate Dressing
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients.
Sesame Seed Candy
- To make sesame seed candy, you just need more seeds than sugar. In a small, dry skillet over medium heat, add 1/3 cup sugar. No need to stir or do anything. Just sit back and wait for the sugar to melt. If it is starting to burn, turn down the heat. Just when the sugar begins to melt, stir in 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds. Once the sugar is fully melted and the sesame seeds are incorporated into it, pour the mixture onto a lightly greased sheet pan.
- Once cool, break or cut into little candy pieces. If you have a hard-as-rock mass of sugar and seeds, you used too much sugar. Toss it out and start again.